Monday, August 21, 2017

Portraits!

I've been meaning to share this for FOREVER...! this has been something that has been somewhat 'public' for a while now, but back in January I was able to upload a whole new gallery to my main website. It was a division of art that I never really thought I'd find myself consistent work in -- one of those things that I knew I'd dabble in as a freelance opportunity here and there, but not something I'd partner with somebody in.

About a year-and-a-half ago I found myself at a little show called SPACE here in Columbus, OH. It was a typical day with people stopping by and leafing through my books, occasionally buying something then meandering along their way, until this one lady stopped at my table, and pointed out one of my prints that she specifically liked the style of, and asked if I'd consider doing portrait commissions for her. I was really taken aback by here inquiry(more or less that she was able to see past my anime-ish style and really saw the technique) but I said "Sure!!!" and asked what she had in mind. She said she wanted commissions of her wedding clients that she photographs. I was awed as she continued to tell me her story, and then a bit of a partnership was born!


This is the print in my book that the photographer noticed, and thought
the style would resonate well with the look of the portraits she wanted


  
These may seem 'old' since they've been up on my site for a while, but it was finally time to talk about them!
And if anyone has a favorite photo that they would love to see turned into a painting, and is interested in commissioning me, feel free to email me for further inquiries! I love painting people and animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment