Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Little Experiments!

Well I JUST noticed that it's been over a year since the last post where I swore that I'd try to be better about updating my social media... I don't know which is more relevant; that I keep failing at updating or that I keep trying.

So lately I have been finding a little extra time during parts of my day that I probably shouldn't have, but it's always (and I mean always) when I'm out of the studio. It's been a little frustrating, because I have sooooo many pet projects that I'd like to get into more, or items that I would like to experiment with, but I can't because my time in the studio is spent working on paid freelance projects.

With all this extra time I've been finding myself with (it's intermittent btw) I decided to see just what portable art supplies I could easily carry with me in a messenger bag that wouldn't be too heavy or cumbersome in my situation. Turns out that a portable watercolor set from Winsor & Newton that I had purchased for my study abroad in Rome was a perfect candidate! I have been itching to get into watercolors again, so this has been perfect!!!! To accompany my watercolors, I've added my Prismacolor Color & Watercolor pencils, and a set of Derwent Inktense Color Pencils. All supplies that I've had in my studio for years, with all of the intents and purposes to break them out to play with them, and to branch out into colored art that wasn't digital.
This is the bulk of what I've been carrying with me (minus the Wacom tablet and keyboard, ha!) and there are still a few things missing, but it has been such a relief for me to use the time away from my studio the best I can. It's a great time to experiment and see what techniques and products work well together for me and the way I do art.


 




















And I'm even doing them outside when I'm out in the pasture with my horsey!




No comments:

Post a Comment