Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Heya

Hey all,
long time no see. I'm back for another revival attempt, and a pretty ambitious attempt at that. This time I mean business though.

A little over a year ago, I had released a project, "Walking Steady on My Own Two Feet" where I had attempted to be very open with my sketchbook. Normally I am a very shy person when it comes to my sketchbooks, so this was a "coming out" sort of thing. I had intended to discard my shyness and be completely open with everything that I drew. Well, looking back on what I had "unveiled" with my project, I realize now I had so many shortcomings with the project, and only uploaded a few dozen images out of the literal 100 pages I had to share with everyone. I was concerned of showing off the best of me, and not all of me.

I can't help but be honest though, because of a rough couple of years with my art, I was honestly very afraid to show off the subject matter that often lands in my sketchbook. I haven't quite discarded a few nasty memories during such an impressionable time of my life. I was afraid of what you guys, my few friends/followers may think of me, and what you may label me after seeing what I draw behind the scenes. Going along with that train of thought, I don't want to put anything on any form of social media that someone may use to damage my reputation.

But here I am! And here's the interesting part of my revived presence online! I have crafted a gameplan! I will, once a week, post 4 pieces of artwork! I have art up and ready to go from up to 3 years ago! Well over 700 images, ranging from little doodles on scraps of paper, to sketchbook poops, tablet/digital doodles & paintings, to fully traditional artworks. All that will eventually see the light of social media! To make things even more interesting, all the sites that I maintain, this Blog, to my DeviantArt account, my Tumblr, and my Facebook, will have a different piece of art posted on them each week! I don't know if they will all get updated the same day, or if each day of the week will be committed to a different site, but we shall see how it goes! But that is the gyst of it!

Please feel free to find me on any of these sites! And please feel even more free to follow me!
Tumblr: ayafeesh.tumblr.com
DeviantArt: ayafeesh.deviantart.com
Facebook: Amanda Scharf

No comments:

Post a Comment